Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Getting Creative.

Today I am going to talk about finding our creative side and seeing the beauty in everything.

Before I started doing photography I never really saw what the real world looked liked. I didn't see beauty in bugs, wood, or just random things. I always was a big fan of National Geographic, and what I use to do is cut out pictures of photography and art and I always thought "How do they catch such beautiful things of something so small?" Then I picked up my first camera at age almost 15 years old. It was a little crappy Cannon that ate batteries like no tomorrow so I made sure those pictures count. So what I did I took my camera with me every time I walked my dogs. Then my gaze of things widened. Since I have started my photography I began seeing the beauty in everything big and small. Even in the most rumbled areas I can find more beauty than bad. For example, around Christmas time I saw a homeless man at the corner and how its a horrible situation then moments later I caught the beauty, a man walked up to the homeless man and handed him money and I caught it. The smile on his face was priceless. So now the more I look at the world the more beauty I see form an over grown empty lot to a dying sunflower I now see the beauty in it all.

Photography tip of the day:
To expand your creative eye.
Start taking pictures of EVERYTHING.
Use your photo editor of choice, crop, saturate, and tint until you see it.

This book by Bryan Peterson is an excellent place to start: Click this pic to have a look inside the Book :)


1 comment:

  1. Excellent post! I used to say, 'If you want to do(see) something a lot, yo gotta do it a lot.' I think this post really describes how we can create better photo's and see more beauty by putting the camera to our eyes and capturing the moments!

    ReplyDelete